Saturday, January 31, 2009

Surf Stronger in Panama

I'm down in Panama, checking out a new eco-surf retreat, Red Frog Bungalows -- writing an article on the resort and working with some local surfers on their training programs.

The first few days we scored fun, shoulder to head high surf. But with a bit of a lull in the swell, I was pining for a good workout. Lucky for me, I brought my TRX and a fit ball down so I can do a bit of training between swells. So far, I've had a couple great workouts on Red Frog beach -- fifteen minutes TRX, five minute ocean swim, ten minutes TRX, ten minute ocean swim cool-down. Working out with a TRX really does provide fitness anywhere -- and working out on the beach is a killer feeling. For more info on TRX, check out our TRX page. And keep an eye out for more to come, as we develop unique surf-specific training programs with TRX.

Todd


(Scott scores one at Red Frog beach.)


(Fitness anywhere, including the beach in Panama.)